Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Courage

When I think of courage, I am always reminded of my encounter with the German airport. At 7 years old, I was going with my family to India and we had a connecting flight at the German airport. As we were going through the German airport security, my parents simply told me to calm down and do whatever the security guards told us to. They had been in this situation many more times than I had. As I was going through the security I placed my backpack and my suitcase on the scanner. As the security guard  was checking my pockets he found something in my right  front pocket. I forgotten that I had left my DS in my pocket.When the security guard scanned me and found my DS, he took it from pocket. They asked me to go to the screening room with them. I was really scared because at 7 years old, this was only my second time going through airport security and I was pulled aside. I knew at the time that the only people more scared than me at the time was my family. I tried to.keep my cool as they asked me their questions and eventually they let me go. I was so happy and had a feeling of relief. When I saw my mom, I gave her a big hug as tears were dropping from both of our eyes. Simple situations like this are what define courage in my opinion. Its having the presence of mind to somehow get out of a sticky situation. You will always be face with these situations in life. Its what you do in these situations that defines you as a person

No comments:

Post a Comment