Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Having the Breakup talk with your parents

           It is about 6:00 in the evening in Oledale county Iowa. Priya and Sanjay's son,Sovejaj, has just returned from his eventful cricket practice. Sabrina and Sanjay have been worried about the well-being of their son: which is why they are concerned about his love life. Sovejaj's parents worry that his girlfriend, Sabrina, is a distraction in his life. They feel as though they need to address this issue.

PRIYA: Son, listen. We need to have a talk.

SOVEJAJ:  Yeah mom what's up!

PRIYA: SANJ, Take it away!

SANJAY: Son, we need to talk about your girlfriend Sabrina.

SOVEJAJ: Yeah what about her?

SANJAY: Well its not easy to say this but son we feel like she is getting in the way of your academics. She
                  is definitely a distraction and we want you to end it with her.

SOVEJAJ: WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I can't break with up with Sabrina! She is the love of
                    my life. We have been going out for 2 months! Most people can't even get past a week in my                       grade! And plus im still getting good grades.

SANJAY: That is a joke! You had all A's before you were going out with her, and now you got a B!

SOVEJAJ: Dad I got one B that its it!

SANJAY: It does not matter that you got just one B. The fact is that you got a B. And you know what B
                  stands for?

SOVEJAJ: What?

SANJAY: B stands for Bad! And because you got a B you are no longer allowed to go out with Sabrina.

SOVEJAJ: But dad...

PRIYA: And besides honey have you seen her nose?

SOVEJAJ: What about her nose?

PRIYA: Her nose is so disfunctional! First of all its enormous! I raised you better than that. My
              son has better judgement with noses.

SOVEJAJ: So I can't go out with Sabrina because of her nose?

PRIYA: You got it! Now go to your room and think about what you have done!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job Sourjya! This was really funny. I like how you used some comedic elements as part of your conversation! I wish there was a little bit more conversation on Sovejaj's part. I don't any kid that wouldn't talk back to their parents, or immediately accept defeat in this situation. If I were you I might also try having names that aren't as similar. I kept getting "sovejaj, and sanjay" confused. But maybe you wanted to have that effect.

    ReplyDelete